Athlon has grown rapidly and is considered one of the best brands based in the USA. In this article, we will learn more about this famous brand with its production of binoculars. Athlon binoculars review is made based on the top-rate lines of this brand.
Things you need to know about the Athlon brand
When was Athlon established?
This brand was launched in 2014 and has grown rapidly since then. They have brought multiple optical instruments into the market. It has made a name for itself as a producer of a range of high-quality sports optical products, such as riflescopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes, for a variety of uses, including hunting, military surveillance, and recreational target shooting, in less than ten years.
Where are Athlon optics made?
Athlon Optics is an American sports optics company based in Olathe, Kansas. All optical equipment is imported from China, Japan, and other Asian nations where labor costs are extremely low. Although the optical components are manufactured outside the USA, the products still keep the top quality. Athlon has created a rigorous quality control system that disapproves of inferior goods.
About Athlon products
Athlon manufactures premium outdoor gear and optical goods. The superb guarantees and outstanding designs of this American business are equally well-known.
Athlon Optics asserts that its tight connections to reliable suppliers and a lean, integrated supply chain enable them to offer its products at affordable pricing. Athlon has a strategic partnership with these manufacturers in addition to excellent design and development capabilities. Due to this benefit, the business can implement cutting-edge technology while getting rid of extra layers from conventional supply chains.
You can find out more about other great and famous binocular brands in the USA on 6 best brand binoculars made in USA – Are There Any American-Made Binoculars?
Athlon Optics Review – 4 main series
Just like its namesake, Cronus the King of all the Mythological Greek Titans, this is the king of the Athlon Optics line of binoculars. It is currently the highest quality range of the company and the flagship of Athlon’s product range. The highest-price binoculars in this line are up to over $1700.
- Very low dispersion glass gives you an edge with an image that has little to no chromatic fringe for the best clarity and sharpness.
- By eliminating distortion on the field of view’s furthest edge, the edge-to-edge field flattening technique creates images that are sharper and more vivid from one end of the lens to the other.
- An alloy made of magnesium, aluminum, and other elements offers the same level of strength as a metal chassis while being 30–40% lighter and 40–50% stronger.
There are 2 types of Cronus binoculars including Cronus UHD and Cronus G2 UHD, serving 10×40, 10×42, and 15×56 binoculars. These binoculars have a large objective lens, which is suitable for stargazing, hunting, and professional use.
Midas is expected to have a golden touch. The benchmark for this class of binoculars was established by these devices. This series serves the middle to high range with the price of $300-$500.
- High-grade Argon gas provides greater fog-proofing properties than nitrogen gas since it has a lower thermal conductivity.
- A clear, vibrant sight picture is guaranteed by modern completely multi-coated lenses.
- These binoculars are designed with twist-up eyecups and ample eye relief to provide comfortable viewing all day.
Within the Midas series, 8×42 binoculars are the most well-known. This one is compact and easy to hold; the Athlon Midas 8×42 binocular weighs only 25oz (709g), which for a 42mm binocular is on the lighter end of the scale. Other types of binoculars also top rate in this series are 10×42, 10×50, and 12×50.
The Argos line of binoculars has all the bells and whistles hunters and campers are looking for. This series is suitable for the low to mid-range with a price of under $300.
- HD glass and UHD glass: With Athlon Optic’s low dispersion lenses, the HD glass produced for our optics gives you better light transmission and brighter and sharper images.
- Waterproof: Regardless of how heavy the rain is coming down or an accidental drop in the water, this sealed and gas-purged optic will remain waterproof.
- Argon purged: High-grade Argon gas has a low thermal conductivity compared to nitrogen gas, resulting in better fog-proof capabilities.
The Argos line is divided into Argos G2 UHD and Argos G2 HD. While Argos G2 UHD brings 8×42 and 10×42 binoculars, Argos G2 HD has more types such as 10×50 and 12×50. Three best-sellers in this series are 8×42, 10×42, and 10×50 binoculars.
The Neos series serve in the low-price range with just under $140 for each binocular. It consists of an eclectic mixture of roof and Porro prism models in a variety of sizes and magnification options. This line just has HD type, not UHD.
- The roof prism Neos models use silver mirror coatings on the prisms
- All the optics within the Porro prism Neos have anti-reflection coatings added to them.
- Nitrogen purged: Paired with a completely sealed chassis, nitrogen gas is used to purge air from the optic to help maintain internal fog-proof and waterproof capabilities.
There are two types of binoculars in this series: 8×42 and 10×42. Both of them are flexible and lightweight.
Athlon’s services – Warranty Policy
Athlon Optics comes with a lifetime transferrable guarantee, so don’t worry if something goes wrong or an accident occurs. If your product is harmed by routine use, Athlon will either fix it or replace it.
- Athlon Optics Service Department will decide whether to repair or replace your product. If your product is no longer available and cannot be fixed, a product with comparable value or features will be used in its place.
- Athlon will mail the repaired or replacement item back to you via a carrier of Athlon’s selection as part of the warranty policy.
- Depending on the time of year and the complexity of the repairs required, the turnaround time for your goods will vary, but Athlon makes every effort to get it to you as soon as possible.
I hope that this Athlon binoculars review will give you an overview of Athlon’s product series and services. Different series serve various types of customers from high-price to economic binoculars. Based on your budget and demands, you can choose the most suitable binoculars.